Numbers 12 Outline
– Miriam and Aaron jealous of Moses (Numbers 12:1-2)
– Moses was the most humble person on earth (Numbers 12:3)
– God instructed Miriam, Aaron and Moses to come to the tent of the congregation (Numbers 12:4-5)
– God rebuked Aaron and Miriam for speaking against Moses (Numbers 12:6-9)
– God punished Miriam with leprosy (Numbers 12:10-13)
– Miriam was put outside the camp for 7 days until she was brought back (Numbers 12:14-15)
– The Israelites left Hazeroth and encamped in the Desert of Paran (Numbers 12:16)
Numbers 12 Summary
Miriam and Aaron were jealous that God only spoke to Moses and not them. Moses was the most humble person on the earth. God heard what they said and he instructed Moses, Aaron and Miriam to come to the tent of the congregation. God came down in a pillar of cloud at the entrance to the tent of the congregation and he rebuked them for speaking against his servant, Moses.
When the cloud lifted from the tent, the skin of Miriam turned white like snow and became leprous. Aaron pleaded to God to heal Miriam. Then, God instructed Miriam to be put outside the camp for 7 days until she is brought back to the camp. Miriam stayed outside the camp for 7 days. The Israelites did not set out until she returned to the camp. Later, the Israelites left Hazeroth and encamped at the Desert of Paran.
Numbers 12 Bible Study
1. Respect and obey your leaders in the church
Aaron and Miriam did not think Moses should be the leader and they did not respect him. We must respect our church leaders and obey them. In Hebrews 13:17, obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. In 1 Thessalonians 5:12, and we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you. In Hebrews 13:7, remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. In Hebrews 13:24, salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.