Psalm 121 Outline
– The psalmist wanted to look to God for help (Psalm 121:1-2)
– God, who watches over the faithful, never sleep (Psalm 121:3-4)
– God will watch over the faithful like providing shade from the sun light and moon light (Psalm 121:5-6)
– God will watch over the faithful and keep them from all harm (Psalm 121:7-8)
Psalm 121 Summary
In Psalm 121:1-2, the psalmist wanted to lift up his eyes to Mount Moriah or Mount Zion, where the temple and the ark of the covenant were located, where God is enthroned. The psalmist wanted to look to God, the maker of heaven and earth, for help in his distress.
In Psalm 121:3-4, God never sleep because he does not need rest like human beings. God always watch over the faithful who keep holding on to him and make sure all is well with them.
In Psalm 121:5-6, God will watch over the faithful like providing shade for you from the sunlight during daytime and moon at night.
In Psalm 121:7-8, God will watch over the faithful and keep them from all harm. He will watch over their life, their coming and going, now and forevermore.
Psalm 121 Bible Study
1. God always watch over the faithful
If you want to be successful, you must love God and look after his business. You must do what God wants you to do, for example, worshiping and praying everyday at home, read the bible every day, serve at the church and etc. In Psalm 145:20, the LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. In Psalm 31:23, O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.