Psalm 37 Outline
– Don’t be envious of the success of wicked people (Psalm 37:1-2)
– Trust in God, obey God’s commandments and do his will (Psalm 37:3-4)
– Commit your way to God and trust in him (Psalm 37:5-6)
– Wait patiently for God (Psalm 37:7)
– Don’t be angry against these people (Psalm 37:8-9)
– The wicked will only be on the earth temporarily (Psalm 37:10-11)
– The wicked plot evil against the righteous (Psalm 37:12-13)
– The wicked oppress the needy but they will be punished (Psalm 37:14-15)
– God will uphold the righteous (Psalm 37:16-17)
– God watch over the righteous (Psalm 37:18-19)
– The wicked will perish in their sins (Psalm 37:20)
– The wicked never pay back but the righteous is generous (Psalm 37:21-22)
– God watch over the righteous so that they don’t fall when stumble (Psalm 37:23-24)
– God always provide for the righteous and bless their children (Psalm 37:25-26)
– Do good and turn away from evil (Psalm 37:27-29)
– The righteous speak wisdom (Psalm 37:30-31)
– God rescue the righteous from the wicked (Psalm 37:32-33)
– Wait for God patiently (Psalm 37:34)
– The wicked will only be successful for a short while (Psalm 37:35-36)
– God will watch over the ways of the righteous (Psalm 37:37-38)
– God will save the righteous (Psalm 37:39-40)
Psalm 37 Summary
In Psalm 37:1-2, don’t fret or be envious of the success of wicked people because they will soon die away, like the grass will wither later.
In Psalm 37:3-4, trust in God, obey God’s commandments and do his will, then, he will provide for you all the desires of your heart.
In Psalm 37:5-6, commit your way to God, trust in him and he will make your righteousness become visible to others, as clear as the noonday sun.
In Psalm 37:7, be still and wait patiently for God to answer your prayer. Don’t fret when the evil succeed in carrying out their evil schemes.
In Psalm 37:8-9, don’t be angry or fret against these people because it leads to evil. Evil men will be cut off. But those who continue to hope in God will be blessed.
In Psalm 37:10-11, the wicked will only be on the earth for a while. One day, they will die and go to hell. But the humbled will be blessed, enjoy great peace and inherit eternal life in heaven.
In Psalm 37:12-13, the wicked plot evil against the righteous but God laughs at them because he know they will be punished for their wicked deeds later.
In Psalm 37:14-15, the wicked oppress the poor and needy and the upright but in the end, they will be punished by God.
In Psalm 37:16-17, it is better for the righteous to have little than have plenty wealth, like the wicked. God will uphold the righteous and make them successful but the power of the wicked will be broken.
In Psalm 37:18-19, God knows the days of the blameless. The blameless will receive inheritance in heaven that endure forever. God watch over the righteous so that they don’t die in disasters and enjoy plenty in famine.
In Psalm 37:20, the wicked will perish and vanish like smoke.
In Psalm 37:21-22, the wicked borrow and does not pay back but the righteous give generously. God blesses the upright but curse and cut off the wicked.
In Psalm 37:23-24, God makes the steps of the righteous firm and guide him so that he will no fall when he stumble.
In Psalm 37:25-26, David has never seen the righteous or their children not provided. The righteous are generous and always give freely. The children of the righteous will be blessed.
In Psalm 37:27-29, get rid of every evil in you and do good. God loves the just and watch over his faithful ones.
In Psalm 37:30-31, the righteous speak wisdom because he observe God’s law in his heart.
In Psalm 37:32-33, the wicked sought the lives of the righteous but God will surely come to their rescue.
In Psalm 37:34, wait for God patiently and keep his way, then, God will exalt you and you will see the wicked cut off.
In Psalm 37:35-36, a wicked and ruthless man will be successful only for a short while. He will soon passed away and be no more.
In Psalm 37:37-38, God will watch over the ways of the righteous and give him a good future but all sinners will be destroyed and cut off.
In Psalm 37:39-40, God will save the righteous and be their stronghold in time of trouble. God help and deliver the righteous from the wicked because they make God their refuge.
Psalm 37 Bible Study
1. Don’t envy
Envy and fretting over what other people have is wrong. If you want something, you should pray for it and wait patiently for him. If it is God’s will, God will answer your prayer and give you what you pray for. In James 3:14-16, Â But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. In James 4:2-3, ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. In 1 Corinthians 3:3, for ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? In Proverbs 27:4, wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy? In Proverbs 14:30, a sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.